Friday 23 September 2011

Road World Cycling Championships


 A couple of pictures taken this morning at the World Road Cycling Championships currently taking place in Copenhagen.  I wouldn't normally be that interested, but seeing as a lot of it is based where we live, and they have closed down a lot of the main roads in and out of the city for the entire week, I thought I had better go and have a look at what all the fuss is/was about!  The finish line is very close to our house, and I timed it right as Lucy Garner peddled her way to Gold for Great Britain just as I turned up!    I am sure having this giant mascot from home spurred her on! 

4 comments:

  1. How fab you should get there just at the right time! You and the bus must have made a big impact on our British girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Brits are doing very well this week. I think it also helps that there aren't many hills to contend with!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good timing! Hope ;your girl' does well:-)

    xx Jazzy

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - thank you :)

 
Free Hit Counter